During the past few years when the recession was starting to take hold and change the American way of life and the American dream, there were those who worked harder and longer each day to help their fellow citizens, keep their heads above water. One of these individuals was Maryland Trade Ambassador Philip Kapneck who was able to contact and reconnect with business and industry he attracted to the USA over the past 30 years, that created jobs for individuals in Maryland.
Since the recession, Ambassador Kapneck called on the same companies he helped to set up their businesses in past years, and surfing the wave of goodwill, he was able to find jobs for people who lost theirs with other companies. While this was not one of his duties, he felt that it was essential to help those in need of work.
Ambassador Kapneck does not want any notoriety or press coverage about his work, but it seems that the press has a yearning to cover his unselfish work in helping others.
People like Ambassador Kapneck and their hard work are responsible for 2011’s third straight month in creating new employment over the 200,000 mark in the USA.
Through research we were able to supply a list of some positions that Ambassador Kapneck held and some he is still holding as follows:
- Delegate to the Maryland State Convention
- He was appointed by Governor Marvin Mandel to open Maryland’s first overseas office in Brussels, Belgium as the State’s Trade Ambassador. He assisted the Federal Government in “Invest in the USA.”
- He was appointed by Secretary of Business and Economic Development to represent the State of Maryland with international companies in Asia and the South Pacific.
- He was appointed by former New Zealand Prime Minister Rowlings as Special Advisor Ambassador/Maryland Trade Ambassador to assist companies in New Zealand and Australia doing business in the USA.
- He has been appointed by each administration to date, since his first appointment to Belgium over 30 years ago, and is still serving as Maryland Trade Ambassador.
Ambassador Philip Kapneck has the ability to achieve the goals set before him, and always extends a helping hand, when it is possible to do so. This has made him an icon in his own time, from his success in attracting business and industry to the creation of jobs.
To learn more about Hon Philip Kapneck: Trade Ambassador Kapneck Official Site: http://tradeambassadorkapneck.com.
If you would like to nominate someone to be featured in out next story, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author:
Award winning journalist, Judyth Piazza is also the founder of the Student Operated Press (www.thesop.org) and content Manager/Editor for Newsblaze (www.newsblaze.com) and Vero Beach Local News (www.verobeachlocalnews.com).